While your senior is having a year filled with parties, socials, competitions, performances, honors and recognitions, think about ways to build anticipation for what’s next. It’s not series of “lasts,” but “firsts.” As seniors begin the most incredible journey of their life, help make it memorable and fun.
Life is circular not linear; every ending is a new beginning and how we travel through life is all about perspective.
Here are a few ways to make graduation parties memorable, and give items that will be useful to the student in the future:
- Create a kickoff for your senior with colorful cookies, a suitcase and a globe celebrating their new adventure.
- Theme your party based on the book Oh, The Places You’ll Go!– the classic graduation gift. Dr. Seuss understands the plight of graduates like no one else and gives students wings to explore their potential.
- Give your graduate a grand send-off by having guests write down their best wishes for their future. This will create a timeless memento. There are so many ways to accomplish this – write quotes on a frame mat, put quote stickers on photos, or print a photo book of senior memories and have guests include their messages on the pages.
- For a graduation party, consider decorating with the colors of your student’s future university —and a college or Master’s graduate may want to brag about the achievement they just completed. Your menu can become a work of art by showcasing foods in the specific color scheme.
- Plan a photo booth with graduation items like a cap and gown, books, a captain’s hat, a wrapped diploma, grad balloons with date, plus their pledged university’s colors.
- Start collecting favorite childhood photos and videos. iPhoto makes it easy to create a video montage of your grad that can be playing during the party.
- Give a deck of affirmation cards – Wealth, Abundance and Success—for the graduate to use often; also, a keeper is to create a memory jar or a shadow box of special memories.
- A quilt made of old school t-shirts or football jerseys or band uniforms is special. Local seamstresses can be consulted on the creation of this unique momento. You can also add items from the graduate’s future alma mater.
Graduation will be here before we know it, and May 2020 dates are already booking. Let The Place host your graduate’s upcoming celebration and create lasting memories. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601 851-1850 to schedule your tour.