Modern baby showers are less about tradition and more about fun for mom-to-be and her guests. The modern baby shower can be anything and everything!
The Place at Harbour Crossing hosts many baby showers, and they are all unique and special. From co-ed baby showers to chic and sophisticated ladies-only affairs, here are some suggestions to make your hosted baby shower stand out from the crowd:
- Book a mobile spa service that will come to you and your guests for a mani-pedi party.
- Focus on relaxation for mommy and guests alike with yoga/meditation or glamping themes.
- Instead of the traditional baby book,go with a modern twist! Ask guests to write sweet messages on pre-cut “balloons,” “clouds,” or similar that matches the nursery theme. Mount the messages in a beautiful frame for mom-to-be to hang in the little one’s nursery.
- If the mom-to-be isn’t interested in shower games but wants an interactive activity, ask guests to send you a baby photo of themselves. Hang a clothesline and pin the photos to it, allowing guests to guess who is who.
- Shower activities like decorating onesies with paints can seem dated. Add a modern flair by asking guests to create nursery keepsakes for mommy and baby. Encourage guests to paint baby blocks or create works of art on blank mini canvases.
- Add a flair for the modern to your shower refreshments too. Choose a cupcake bar with a variety of flavors or a sophisticated drip cake. Instead of pink or blue, opt for stylish color combos like gray and orange, metallics and cream, or black and white. These gender-neutral choices are especially perfect if mom hasn’t revealed whether her bundle is a boy or girl yet.
- Graphics and shapes are a major modern trend. Use them to decorate walls and tables and extend the theme through your invitations and accessories.
- Customize water bottles, candy bars, snacks and more. This is a trend that is continues to grow in popularity with endless possibilities.
- Mixing old with new is a chic take on the modern trend. Serve shower-themed mocktails or cocktails in vintage glasses or have your florist use antique vases or glass containers for arrangements.
Let us host your modern, one-of-a-kind baby shower at The Place!